Margo Breznik, creator of Tatine Candles, envisioned her Stars Are Fire candles to be soft fragrant fires for after dark or dreamy afternoons. Poured into handblown grey glass vessels, no two are exactly alike, and are meant to be repurposed as drinkware. They are boxed in origami-folded paper containers, goldfoiled with a smattering of stars. The scent subtly infuses the packaging, which can be slipped in a drawer to permeate its surroundings with ethereal fragrance.
Five fragrances, made of soy wax, 8 oz., 60 hour burn time
- Bitter Orange & Lavender: Tart Seville Orange oil, marmalade, and orange bitters are beautifully blended with Barreme lavender. Finished with chalky soil and floral notes and a hint of mango
- Fig: An herbaceous aroma with boozy dried fruits, sweet sunburnt red fruit, and mulberry. Woody crushed fig tree leaves infuse with aromatic greens
- Woodsmoke: A sweet, woody perfume of cedarwood, fir balsam and fragrant forest resins with kindling and natural clove oils
- Forest Floor: An earth perfume with mushroom nuances, mists of rain soaked ferns, and the earthen smell of dark green moss covering the cool, damp dirt of the forest floor
- Sanctuary: Fragrant ginger, coriander and sparkling mimosa scent the air, combined with delicate iris petals and temple sandalwood to add depth to the ritual of light.